Please note the following:
- This course is for on-site, private engagements only.
- You may select from any of the topics listed in the outline.
- The course can run from a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 15 days (8 days of instructor-led training, followed by up to 8 days of additional labs and mentoring).
- Price is $3500 USD per day + Travel and Expenses for up to 12 students.
Duration: 5 days
Online Price: Not Available
Course PrerequisitesTo realize the maximum value from this bootcamp, prospective students should have:
- Intermediate-level experience with CSS / HTML 5
- Familiarity with full-stack web application development concepts
- Rapidly develop applications for multiple browsers, form factors, screen resolutions, and devices.
- Load data from remote servers.
- Output structured data into different views- including grids, trees, charts, custom markup, and tab-based forms.
- Render and manipulate PDF, image, and spreadsheet file assets.
- Efficiently handle user interactions.
- Implement drag & drop interfaces.
- Save data to a database
- Upload files to an application server
- Persist user settings between sessions.
- Theme your applications with custom icons, colors, and backgrounds.
- Use responsive configurations to change the layout of your application based on form factor.
- Create optimized production builds of your apps.
- Create and run automated test scripts to identify bugs in your app.
- Generate world-class searchable and cross-indexed documentation for your source code.
- Extend the capabiliities of the Ext JS 6 framework
Unit 1: Introducing the Course - [CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD UNIT 1 (PDF)]
Unit 2: Getting Started with the Ext 6 Classic Toolkit
- Introducing Sencha Ext JS 6.x
- Reviewing Application Architecture
- Introducing the Class System, MVC, and MVVM Architectures
- Generating App Scaffolding with Sencha Cmd
- Sharing Code Between the Classic and Modern Frameworks
- Using the API Docs
- Debugging and Troubleshooting Your App
- Getting Help from the Sencha Network
Unit 3: Defining Views
- Deep-Diving Into the Sencha Class System
- Creating Component Views
- Working with Containers
- Working with Panels, Toolbars, Buttons, and Menus
- Introducing ViewControllers
- Working with Tab Panels
- Instantiating Views from Routes / Supporting the Browsers "Back" Button
- Implementing Windows and Floating Components
- Implementing a Dashboard with Draggable Portlets
Unit 4: Interfacing with an App Server
- Initiating Background Data Requests
- Implementing User Authentication and Authorization
- Binding to a ViewModel
- Defining Data Models
- Defining Data Connections
- Loading Multiple Records into a Store
Unit 5: Implementing Grids
- Viewing Stores in Grids
- Exporting Data from Stores/Grids
- Using Grid Widgets
- Handling Large Datasets
- Grouping Grid Data
- Using Grids to Edit Data
Unit 6: Generating Markup from Data
- Working with XTemplates
- Generating Markup from Stores with the DataView
- Handling Multimedia
- Animating the DataView
Unit 7: Using Trees to Manage Hierarchies
- Working with Tree Models and Tree Stores
- Implementing a Tree Grid
- Working with Heterogeneous Node Types
- Implementing Editable Trees
Unit 8: Visualizing Data in Charts
- Getting Started with Charts
- Generating Bar, Column, and Line Charts
- Generating Gauges
Unit 9: Maintaining State
- Introducing State Management
- Adding State Management Capabilities to Non-Stateful Components
Unit 10: Implementing Data Entry Forms
- Introducing Ext JS 6 Forms
- Integrating the TinyMCE 4 WYSIWYG Editor
- Synchronizing a Grid to a Form
- Applying Data Validation on the Client and Server
- Submitting Data to the App Server
- Handing File Uploads
Unit 11: Theming Your Application
- Introducing Theming, Sass, and Compass
- Working with Variables and Rules
- Using Mixins
- Implementing Responsive Design
Unit 12: Going into Production
- Documenting your App with JSDuck
- Unit Testing your App with Jasmine and Siesta
- Creating Testing and Production Builds
Unit 13: Special Topics in Ext JS
- Patching and Extending the Library
- Building Custom Components with Ext.Element
Unit 14: Building Mobile Apps with the Modern Framework
- Leveraging code from the Classic Framework
- Using Modern Framework View Components
- Tab Panel
- Forms and Input Fields
- Theming your Modern Framework App
Unit 15: Using Sencha Architect to Improve your Productivity
- Creating a Project
- Creating Views
- Adding Custom Code
- Theming your App
Lab A - 4 Day Lab Building a Simple Universal App (Congressional Earmarks)
Lab B - 5 Day Lab Building a Complex Universal App (ProposalManager)
Fig Leaf has provided training in the following cities:
|Alexandria VA||Amsterdam||Arlington VA||Atlanta||Austin||Baltimore|
|Houston||Indianapolis||Jacksonville||Las Vegas||London||Los Angeles|
|Madrid||Miami||Milwaukee||Minneapolis||New Haven||New York|
|Ottawa||Philadelphia||Phoenix||Raleigh / Durham||Reston||Rome|
|Sacramento||San Antonio||San Diego||San Francisco||San Jose||Seattle|
|Singapore||Springfield||State College PA||Tallahassee||Toronto||Washington DC|